Victorville Firearm & Weapon Charge Attorney
Defending Individuals Accused of Violating Gun Laws
A conviction for a weapons offense can have serious consequences. If your weapons charge is prosecuted as a misdemeanor in California, you could receive a sentence of up to 1 year in jail and a maximum fine of $1,000. Weapons offenses that are charged as felonies are punishable by 1 to 20 years in prison. The length of the prison sentence will depend on the activity, the type of weapons crime, and previous criminal history, especially convictions for weapons-related offenses.
If you have been arrested for a weapons offense, it is important to consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. At Holistic Legal, our Victorville firearm and weapon charge lawyer is skilled at developing creative solutions to help keep clients out of jail.
Types of Firearm & Weapon Offenses in Victorville
In California, there are several laws that regulate the use of firearms. When these regulations are violated, it can lead to significant penalties and limitations on an individual’s freedom.
The laws related to firearm violations encompass a variety of offenses, including:
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Illegal sale of a firearm
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm
- Using a deadly firearm in the commission of a crime
- Illegal possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Unlawful exporting and importing of firearms
- Possessing an illegal firearm like an assault weapon
- Carrying a loaded weapon in public
- Illegal manufacturing of a firearm
How a Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
You should contact a criminal defense firm as soon as you find out you have been charged with a weapons offense. Your lawyer can evaluate the unique circumstances of your case and provide reliable advice about how to proceed in defending the charges that have been made against you. By implementing the right strategy, your charges may be reduced or even dropped altogether. Your chances of successfully fighting your charges only increase with a knowledgeable lawyer on your side, as they understand how to make the strongest arguments on your behalf.
There is a range of defenses that may be used in your case, including:
- You were defending either yourself or another person
- You accidentally fired a weapon and had no criminal intent
- You were not aware that the weapon was in your possession
- The evidence being used to convict you was obtained illegally
- There is evidence of police misconduct or entrapment
Call a Victorville Firearm & Weapon Charge Attorney
Following an arrest for a firearm offense, be sure to exercise your right to remain silent. It is crucial not to say anything to the police until you have discussed your case with your lawyer. Our defense attorney can help you understand your rights and legal options from the start and ensure that you do not say anything that could be used against you in court.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a weapons offense, contact Holistic Legal at (760) 253-1113 today.