Victorville Probation Violation Lawyer
Defending Clients Charged With Probation Violations in San Bernardino County
Holistic Legal is dedicated to helping people stay out of jail, no matter their charges. If you have been accused of violating the terms of your probation, you are at risk of facing the original sentencing for your charges. Our Victorville probation violation lawyer is here to help you win your probation violation hearing so that you can maintain your freedom. While we cannot guarantee specific results, we can assure you that we always work diligently to obtain the outcome our clients deserve.
Have you violated your probation? Call The Law Office of Parag Shah today at (760) 253-1113 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our probation violation attorney in Victorville!
Probation Violations in California
Being placed on probation helps individuals avoid going to jail and paying exorbitant fines. However, the terms of probation are exceptionally strict and easy to violate.
There are numerous ways that an individual can be charged with a probation violation, including:
- Failure to pay court-ordered fees and fines
- Failure to appear at a required court hearing
- Failure to complete mandatory counseling or treatment
- Failure to perform community service requirements
- Failure to report to one’s probation officer
- Failure to maintain employment
- Failure to submit or pass a drug test
- Failure to comply with the instructions of a probation officer
- Failure to comply with the terms of electronic monitoring
- Having contact with prohibited persons
- Violating the law in any way besides a traffic violation
- Violating a protective order in a domestic violence case
- Violating a court-order to not possess a firearm
- Being in a restricted area
Consequences of Probation Violations
When an individual violates the terms of their probation, the court may modify or revoke that person’s probation. When you appear before a judge in a probation revocation hearing, the judge has significant discretion in determining the specific consequences. Factors considered in determining the action taken against you include the seriousness of the alleged violation, your criminal history, any previous probation violations, and any recommendations made by the probation department.
After reviewing your case, the judge may choose to impose any of the following consequences:
- The judge may revoke your probation and impose the original sentence
- The judge may revoke your probation and impose the maximum sentence for your initial charges
- The judge may extend the length of your probation term
- The judge may order new or additional terms to your probation
- The judge may require you to attend a substance abuse program
- The judge may order you to complete an anger management course
- The judge may order you to perform community service
Contact Our Victorville Probation Violation Attorney Today
If you have been accused of a probation violation, you should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. The court takes probation violations seriously and is inclined to deliver the severest punishment. When you work with Holistic Legal, we can carefully review the facts of your case and develop a strategy to reduce the consequences you face for probation violation charges.
Contact The Law Office of Parag Shah today to schedule a FREE consultation with our probation violation lawyer in Victorville!