Probation Violation Attorney in Victorville
Developing Creative Solutions
Holistic Legal is dedicated to helping people stay out of jail, no matter what charges they are facing. If you have been accused of violating the terms of your probation, you are at risk of facing the original sentencing for your charges. Our Victorville probation lawyer is here to help you win your probation violation hearing so that you can maintain your freedom. While we cannot guarantee specific results, we can assure you that we always work diligently to obtain the outcome our clients deserve.
Ways a Person Can Violate Probation in California
Being placed on probation helps individuals avoid going to jail and paying exorbitant fines. However, the terms of probation are exceptionally strict and easy to violate.
There are numerous ways that an individual can be charged with a probation violation, including:
- Failure to pay court-ordered fees and fines
- Failure to appear at a required court hearing
- Failure to complete mandatory counseling or treatment
- Failure to perform community service requirements
- Failure to report to one’s probation officer
- Failure to maintain employment
- Failure to submit or pass a drug test
- Failure to comply with the instructions of a probation officer
- Failure to comply with the terms of electronic monitoring
- Having contact with prohibited persons
- Violating the law in any way besides a traffic violation
- Violating a protective order in a domestic violence case
- Violating a court-order to not possess a firearm
- Being in a restricted area
Consequences of Probation Violations
When an individual violates the terms of their probation, the court may choose to modify or revoke that person’s probation. When you appear before a judge in a probation revocation hearing, the judge has significant discretion in determining the specific consequences. Factors considered in determining the action taken against you include the seriousness of the alleged violation, your criminal history, any previous probation violations, and any recommendations made by the probation department.
After reviewing your case, the judge may choose to impose any of the following consequences:
- The judge may revoke your probation and impose the original sentence
- The judge may revoke your probation and impose the maximum sentence for your initial charges
- The judge may extend the length of your probation term
- The judge may order new or additional terms to your probation
- The judge may require you to attend a substance abuse program
- The judge may order you to complete an anger management course
- The judge may order you to perform community service
Get Legal Help Immediately
If you have been accused of a probation violation, you should contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. The court takes probation violations very seriously and is inclined to deliver the severest punishment. When you work with Holistic Legal, we can carefully review the facts of your case and develop a strategy to reduce the consequences you face for probation violation charges.
(760) 253-1113 now to discuss your rights and options with a
Victorville probation violation attorney.